FileServe
$ WELCOME TO MY UNIVERSAL BLOG ENJOY YOUR STAY $
Latest News

Spamming Is Strictly Prohibited


ShoutMix chat widget

‘I’m not getting married now’ RAM CHARAN

Sunday, September 26 , Posted by LEGENDRY KRISH at 9/26/2010

Ram Charan Tej talks to BTabout the importance of the Black Lady, his dad’s comeback and his marriage plans 

ARTICLE PUBLISHED IN TIMES OF INDIA BANGALORE EDITION

Tollywood’s biggest superstar Chiranjeevi has bagged more Filmfare South awards than most other Ttowners. Following in his footsteps, his son and rising star Ram Charan Tej opened his account at the 56th Idea Filmfare (South) Awards with his second outing, Magadheera, for which he got the Best Actor (Male) award. “Magadheera is close to my heart and getting a Filmfare Award for it makes it absolutely special,” says the actor, who dedicates the coveted award to his entire crew.
Right now, the actor is excited about his father and politician Chiranjeevi’s bigscreen comeback. “Yes, he has agreed to make a comeback. Our efforts to make him don the grease paint again have paid off. Magadheera was dad’s 149th film. I’ll be producing his 150th. We’ll leave no stone unturned to make it a magnum opus,” he says with a hint of pride. “We are looking for a rock-solid script and things will fall in place soon,” he adds.
“Only larger-than-life roles will work for dad,” points out Charan, who’s busy doing two films at a time. “Shooting for contrasting films is hectic, but I had enough leisure time last year. It’s time to sweat it out now,” he says. Having played a lover boy role in Orange, the actor will be seen as a spirited soccer player in the bigticket flick Merupu. “Both are challenging roles, and I enjoyed them equally,” he says.
He’s been doing only home productions, but he maintains that it hasn’t been a deliberate choice. “It’s a coincidence and, in fact, I’ve decided to do two films for other banners,” he says. Charan had once said he had plans to produce meaningful films. Is he on track with that? He says, “I want to launch my production house with a commercial flick and then I’ll do meaningful films.”
Charan also nixes rumours of his marriage to heiress Upasana Kamineni with a diplomatic, “We’re just friends. I’m not marrying now. My parents will take a call on my marriage when the time is right.”

Next Post Previous Post Home
Next Post Previous Post Home
FileServe